Tuesday, October 14, 2008

JESUS take the wheel!!!

What does this suburban...

These stupid shoes....

and this adorable, innocent three year old have in common?

Well, as moms across the world were busy making their children homemade cookies, this is what I was doing. I had been at the church all morning with the girls. Brent came up and brought us lunch. We needed to run some errands, so since both our cars were at the church we decided to drop one off. So we pulled into the driveway, he got out and went in the house to check his e-mail and since I had a bunch of things in the front seat, I decided to take them in the house. I let Kaelyn out of her car seat (1st mistake) and since Kylee was asleep, I decided to leave the car running (2nd mistake). I brought one load of stuff into the house and came right back out and then I started screaming, "OH NO!!!" and preceeded to run as fast as I could in those stupid flip flops with heels!!! I was freaking out thinking how am I going to stop this car??? They (the three year old who is driving and the sleeping baby in her car seat) were headed right towards the pool. UGH!!! I threw open the door and put the car in park. Kaelyn's eyes were the size of saucers. She was a little distraught and I was shaking. I drove the car back to the drive way and went in to tell Brent. I asked him if he heard me screaming, which of course he didn't. After that, Kaelyn would not get in the car, not even if dad was driving. Well, we learned alot of lessons today but most importantly is that someone was watching over us because there was no damage and no one was hurt. Whew, we'll just count our blessings!!

This is me sprinting into action. No, I didn't have time to grab the camera so I just re-enacted it for dramatical purposes.

As if CPS won't already be after me, Kylee woke up this morning with what I thought to be a small mosquito bite, but by mid day this is what it looked like... yikes!!!
UPDATE: Okay so after a little nap, Kylee woke up looking like this. Of course NOW it was after hours, so luckily Dr. Tennant in our ward was on at Care Now so Brent took her to see him. He gave her a prescription and wants to see her tomorrow to see how she's doing. POOR BABY!

7 comments:

aurora said...

Oh my goodness!!! Aahhh! What a nightmare! I am so glad that you were able to stop the car. You certainly were being watched over. Bless your hearts.

Lisa M said...

So scary! Glad everything turned out just fine. What a blessing.

Casey said...

DAAAnnnnggg!!! How stinkin scary!!! I'm sure your were totally freakin out! I know I would be! I love the reenactment. I don't think I would possibly been able to understand the story quite as well without it. ;) I hope your sweet little princess feels better. Do they think it is an allergic reaction? Keep us posted.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

my favorite part is the re-enactment. who took the picture? it's very blog worthy, u should get an award. run tat run!!!

kristi said...

Wow, I feel like that could happen in my world!

As for her eye - Macy had that same thing 2 days ago..exactly, and it had a little head like where a mosquito had bit her or something. So I took her to the doctor, he wasn't worried, and of course by that afternoon it was going away on it's own. Here's to a waste of a $15 copay!

Michelle said...

WOW how scary! Glad everything is fine and your girls are all okay.

JA and co. said...

Hi Tatiana, it's Alicia Sagers! I happened across your blog through someone elses and thought I'd say a quick hello. Your family is so cute! Anyway, hope all is going well up there!