Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey!


I can't believe it's been 15 years!!! I remember not being able to sleep the night before and having to wake up super early to get my hair and make-up done and yet I was still late to the Temple. Brent was sure I had changed my mind or at least his dad was trying to convince him of that. It has been a wild "journey" and as President Monson reminded us this weekend we should "Enjoy the Journey." I thought about that early this morning when I was up at 2:00 am making a bottle, thinking am I supposed to be "enjoying" this? I'd rather be "enjoying" some sleep right now. I sometimes think the day will never come when I will miss wiping toothpaste off the mirror, picking up toys, changing diapers and wiping handprints off the TV. Yet, something reminds me to stop a moment, and "Enjoy the Journey". So here we are 15 years later and I have enjoyed the journey so far and look forward to many more memories. Here are some of my favorite things about Brent. ( I think I'll list my top 15 since we've been married 15 years. I could come up with 15 million I'm sure, but I'll just name a few that come to mind.)
Brent here's some blackmail for you since I'm not the best at showing you that I love you!
#15- You always let me sleep in just a little more while you get the kids up and going in the morning.
#14- You randomly bring me Peanut M&M's just because you know I love them and you really don't care if I jeopardize my diet with them.
#13- You are the best "white boy" dancer I've ever seen.
#12- You will stop to help anyone on the side of the road, regardless of where we are going and what kind of a schedule we are on.
#11- You never meet a stranger and always manage to strike up a conversation to old men in Wal-mart just because you think they need company.
#10- You are so freaking hot! I know that may sound shallow, but hey, you have to be physically attracted...ALWAYS! (It helps that you are obsessed with working out.)
#9- You can seriously fix anything. In just one week you replaced a water heater (for our renters), fixed my dishwasher and replaced the garbage disposal. This one alone, makes you the envy of many spouses, I know.
#8- You're athletic. Thank goodness. If it were only up to me, our kids would be so uncoordinated. I haven't seen you play a sport that you can't do well.
#7- You have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You are a great example to me.
#6- You gave me the cutest, smartest and funniest kids and I know those traits came from you... even though I always try to claim them. hehe!
#5- You work hard and provide so well for our family. I have always been proud of what you have given us.
#4- I never have to ask you to help around the house. you just jump in do the dishes, pick up, etc.
#3- You are an absolutely awesome dad. You are always willing to play, help with homework, change diapers or whatever they want from you.
#2- You remind me often that I am so beautiful even when I have no make-up on and have those extra baby pounds to loose.
#1- Last but not least, (I could keep going) I love it when I say I like something in a store and before I know it, you have it off the rack or shelf and in the cart. I can't ever remember you telling me I couldn't get something. Thanks honey!
THEN and NOW!

8 comments:

Rochelleht said...

That was very sweet, Tat! I get so tired of everyone always ragging (how's that for a vintage word!?) on their husbands. You guys look great then and now. 15 years go by fast, don't they?

Lisa M said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

u made me cry, but i think only because my hubby is gone for awhile and i can't go hug him and tell him i love him. u guys are too cute! congrats on 15!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!! We hope you had a wonderful day. Love ya!!!

aurora said...

Happy Anniversary!
That was such a wonderfully sweet post. :) I love your wedding picture. I think that's how you guys looked when I first me you!
You guys look amazing and happy and have a great family.
Congrats to you both.

kristi said...

Ahhh, loved your post! Yes, Brent is a pretty good guy! Happy Anniversary to both of you. I loved the then and now pics!!

Chanda said...

Congratulations! Cute post. (You guys still look the same to me.) I love seeing old wedding photos.

Jen said...

Congrats! Love the 'then & now' pics!